Occasions 2017 and Sale-a-bration

Occasions 2017 and Sale-a-bration have begun!  As always, demonstrators were able to pre-order during December, but with Christmas and a 2-week camping holiday, I've only really had a chance to play with it this week.  I'm excited to share some projects I have made with some of the new products.

My sisters birthday was a couple of days ago, so first-up is her birthday card and co-ordinating gift packaging.  I used the new Cupcakes and Carousels suite, which comprises of the stampset (Carousel Birthday), designer series paper stack and embellishment kit with the tassles, bows and ombre ribbon - don't you love it!!?  My absolute favourite from the new catalogue.


Here's a closer look at the bag I made with the gift bag punch board.  I used So Saffron cardstock, and sponged the edges of the bag and all of the DSP layers.  The accesories add some lovely texture and detail.


The higlight of the card is this gorgeous horse who has been coloured with our new watercolour pencils on regular Whisper White cardstock, and blended with a blender pen. I love how it turned out.


I've partially stamped the ferris wheel image over the edge of the envelope for a nice finishing touch as well.


And in case you were wondering what was inside the gift bag... a pretty bracelet.


Next I have made a 12x12" scrapbook page of our New Years Eve celebrations, we had a lovely night celebrating with family at our bach, with games on the beach, a divine dinner, toasted marshmallows on the fire and fireworks.  All the details of our holiday are included in my album on Project Life pocket pages, but I do like to include the occasional full page layout of special photos - these family shots qualify!


I have used the Cupcakes and Carousels paper-stack again, along with two parachutes from the Lift Me Up bundle of stamps and intricate dies.  I created some texture with an embossed sheet of vellum paper and a couple of clusters of enamel shapes, which all match the festive theme.  I also added two glasses of champagne, even though I was drinking regular sauvignon blanc and my husband had beer and the kids only had cordial!  The girls are wearing their lovely new dresses they got for Christmas.


My nephew is turning one this month, so I wanted his card to a bit special.  I used the same stamp bundle and DSP, but made a card-in-a-box to create a colourful funpark.  My sister always keeps my handmade cards and displays them in her lounge, so I know this will be out on show for a while.  Isn't it fun!


For the next card, I wanted to experiment some more with the watercolour pencils.  This time I have used 3 colours to create a waterwash background on our watercolour paper with an aqua painter.  This tool is much more suitable to blend large areas of colour, than the much smaller area of the 3 rainbow coloured parachutes which I used the thin brush on the aqua painter to achieve this look.  The watercolour pencils are the exact colours of our Stampin' Up! colours, so for the background I have used Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight.  I had my husband in mind when I made this, as I created a replica of our house, but I have deliberately not included a sentiment, as I don't know what occasion this card will be for yet!

 

Tasty Trucks is a Sale-a-bration stampset that I earned for free when I bought the Cupcakes and Carousels bundle.  I have again enjoyed watercolouring this one!  I love how you can get different effects by using different tools (blender pen again here, due to the fine details) and using heavy vs light colouring and shading.  The paper is regular Whisper White, but I did try it on Shimmer Paper as well, which also worked great and blended really easily.


Last but not least, I made a 3D treat truck for a fun school-holiday treat for my kids.   I coloured two Tasty Trucks and made a joiner to secure them together and hold a few marshmallows.  The kids really enjoyed this one!  Look at all the yumminess!


This post doubles as an application to be a Display Stamper for OnStage Local in April, so some of the Stampin' Up!® team will be reading this - I hope that everyone enjoys what I have shared today!

Comments