Display Stamper application

Today I am showcasing six of my most recent projects... three cards, two 3D items and a scrapbook page to be exact.  I have worked on all of these items over the last couple of weeks, and am in love with them all - you know how you make something you LOVE and you cry a little inside when you have to give it away?  LOL.  The cards are for several family members birthdays, and the 3D items will be for my next Stamp Club class coming up soon for Easter.  The scrapbook page I get to keep for mself, woohoo, it is going into my own 2016 album, though since the subject is my gorgeous new nephew, I may end up making a duplicate page for his mum!

Card 1:

First up is a masuline card, we all know how tricky they can be, but here I have combined two new stampsets from the Occasions Catalogue to make a kick-ass birthday card for my Dad.  The VW beetle from A Beautiful Ride has been watercoloured (love it!) and fussy cut, and popped up on dimensionals on a layer on Very Vanilla that has been stamped, stamped and stamped again with different texture stamps from the Timeless Textures stampset.  I'm loving this stampset for masculine cards, but I can assure you it looks great for feminine ones too (and to prove it, I have also done this card in Watermelon Wonder and Blusing Bride with a watercoloured butterfly!)


I then used the Little Letters Thinlits to make the words with Kraft cardstock.  It goes nicely with the Sahara Sand and Pacific Point.



As an added bonus, here is the feminine version:


Card 2:
This card is going out to my niece for her 19th birthday.  I have made her a Gate Fold card in a colour combination of Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder and Blushing Bride. 


I have used the Large Numbers bundle to stamp and cut out the '19' (which I then coloured with my clear Wink of Stella for a pretty sparkle) and to make the banner around the 'Look Who's Turning' sentiment I actually used two Ovals Collection Framelits to cut the shape, with handcut tails on the ends.   I did a repeating pattern with the 2-step floral stamps to make the faux-DSP panel, and there is a single floral image repeated on the inside of the card to tie it all together.  Once it was all assembled, I used the two pretty little  flowers from the Bloomin' HeartsThinlits to cut a little cluster of flowers, topped with pearls - so pretty!


Card 3:
The last card went out to my godson for his 6th birthday, he loves bright rainbow colours so I made him a rainbow made of balloons.  I wanted to create a sky background but I don't have anything current, so the embossing folder I have used is retired, but I think this would also look great with the cloud stamp and punch from Sprinkles of Life. 


3D 1:
Next up is my Easter Basket, made with the Berry Basket Bigz L die.  I didn't have any current Easter stamps, so my challenge was to create a class project with products from the Annual Catalogue only.  I die-cut two pieces of the Berry Basket from Tip Top Taupe cardstock and two pieces from the Cucumber Crush embossed paper from the Colour Me Irresistable Specialty DSP pack, and used the green as a liner, with contrasting scalloped edge trims.  The edges and handles have all been sponged with Tip Top Taupe ink, which makes a great contrast on the embossed paper.

For the tag I have stamped the little bunny from the Made With Love stampset (masking off the "hoppy little baby" sentiment) in Tip Top Taupe on Shimmery White cardstock, and watercoloured him very lightly with an aqua painter.  I think he's just gorgeous.  He is cut with the Note Tag punch, and backed with a couple of matching layers from co-ordinating cardstock. Teeny Tiny Sentiments comes to the rescue for my greeting, and it is attached to the basket with some Tip Top Taupe Dotted Lace Trim ribbon.   I think the kids will enjoy these for Easter!

3D 2:
It's wedding season, and one thing I've heard a lot is that people are asking more and more for cash for their wedding gifts.  Rather than including it inside the card, I like to make a nice envelope to match the wedding card, and tuck the money in that.  I've used the Bloomin'  Hearts Thinlits to decorate a Mini Treat Bag, with the heart popped up on dimensionals on a belly band.  The "just married" sentiment from A Beautiful Ride is embossed in white on a banner made from the Sale-a-bration vellum pack, which I've also used as the base for my treat bag. 


Scrapbook page:
I really love my Project Life for its simplicity, but I do enjoy mixing this up with some 12x12 traditional pages, so I jumped at the opportunity to include one in my album this week.  My handsome wee nephew arrived into this world last month, so he is the focus of my scrapbook page today.  He has just started smiling, so I wanted to use a nice 6x8" print of his gorgeous smile.  You can't go past a lace doily and some sponging for added detail.
The DSP is called Sweet Li'l Thing, and I love how it co-ordinates so beautifully; the colours I've used are Pool Party, Tip Top Taupe and Very Vanilla.  I made some embellishments from the Made with Love and Something For Baby suites, and finished with some hearts from Something to Say (the one on the onesie even has an epoxy sticker for some added depth) and some lettering from the Little Letters Thinlits. 








Comments