Life In The Forest Card-in-a-box

My big girl turns 7 this weekend, so as well as being allowed to get her ears pierced a few days early (due to the chemist being closed on the weekend), she has requested a card using her favourite stampset, Life In The Forest.   I decided to go for a Box Card, and of course, this stampset is just calling out to be used with the Blendabilities Markers.
 

Here is the other view, you can see a couple of the little critters a bit better here.
 
 
I used Pear Pizzazz cardstock for the base and the grass (cut with my Fringe Scissors) and the Smoky Slate DSP on the panels is from the Moonlight Paper Stack.  On the base is Pear Pizzazz arrow pattern from the Subtles Paper Stack.  Her name is cut out with the new Little Letters Thinlets, and I actually placed each letter onto a piece of Window Sheet with glue dots and then popped the whole thing up with tiny strips on Dimensional foam from the outside of the sheet.
 
You might have noticed that one of the foxes is facing the 'other' way.  I stamped onto a piece of baking paper with my black Memento ink, and then rubbed the image from the baking paper onto a piece of Whisper White.  It didn't work out quite as nicely as when its done with StazOn ink, but of course it had to be Memento Ink to use with the alcohol markers, so to disguise the un-clean outline I used a darker colour and the darkest shade marker (Cherry Cobbler) for the bulk of the colouring, and then fussy cut right up to the line instead of leaving a white outline.  I think it looks "okay" LOL.  The other Mr Fox is coloured with the Pumpkin Pie markers.
 
And here is my lovely birthday girl showing off her new earrings, I'm looking forward to spending a nice day with her on Sunday, and have got a cake baking in the oven as we speak.
 

Comments

  1. LOVE the way you turned the fox around. i think it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I just love your card in a box. I have pinned it already. I have done a box using this set but haven't tried it with blendabilites yet so it was great to see what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the mushrooms a die? Or a fuzzy cut stamp? So cute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment