All about the flowers

It's all about the flowers today - here are a couple of cards I've been working on with some new product from the 2014-15 Catalogue.

 
This is the Blended Bloom stamp, coloured with my Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities.  I used the darkest shade to colour my organza ribbon as well - soooo much easier than dying it with a re-inker.  I used Daffodil Delight for the accent colour, and the sentiment is stamped in Rich Razzleberry from the new Work of Art stampset.  I looped some linen thread in behind my flower, and popped a couple of leaves underneath as well from the new Flower Patch bundle.


This is also the Flower Patch bundle, and as you can do them as 2-step stamping, it is quite addictive playing with all the possibilities for colour combinations!  My favourites are Pink Pirouette/ Strawberry Slush and Soft Sky/Lost Lagoon.  The other colours I've used are Pistachio Pudding /Wild Wasabi, Crisp Cantaloupe/Calypso Coral and So Saffron/Hello Honey.  It is super easy to cut the flowers out too, with the co-ordinating Framelits and my Magnetic Platform.  I layered everything together, curled a few petals with my bone folder, popped on some dimensionals and then used a matching Candy Dot or two for each colour combination as well, and another loop of linen thread.

Don't fret, there's something for the guys today too, and not a floral petal in sight.


This is the new Mustache Framelit, isn't it cool!  I embossed the background with the Polka Dot embossing folder on Crumb Cake cardstock, and added a panel of Whisper White stamped with the Dictionary background stamp in Early Espresso, then I distressed and sponged the edges, but I do wonder if I should have just used Crumb Cake again for that panel and done away with the Whisper White.

You Da Man is stamped with the alphabet rotary stam, in Early Espresso, and the circles were cut with the Circles Collection Framelits.  I love being able to write my own greeting, very playful and cheeky.

I hope you've enjoyed these new products, I sure did - its so much fun having new toys to play with!

Comments