ESAD Sale-a-bration 2014 Blog Hop

Yipeeee, a Blog Hop in celebration of Sale-a-bration!!!  This is Stampin' Up!'s biggest promotion of the year, and runs from 28th January to 31st March 2014.  This is my first third SAB as a demonstrator, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with my stampin' buddies!


I do love being involved in these Blog Hops, and seeing what inspiration we have come up with as a group for these amazing new products that we can earn for FREE!!!!  A big welcome if you have arrived via Nikki Saddler

I have a few projects to share with you today, I just love these colours together, so soft and feminine.  They are Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Sahara Sand and Basic Black.


I started off with this sweet wee treat-holder, the idea for which comes from the cover of the latest edition of our demonstrator magazine, Impressions.  For their project they have simply wrapped a kind of belly-band around some small blocks of chocolate and used the Tag Topper Punch from the upcoming Occasions Catalogue to create a fun edging.  I decided mine needed to be an actual box that you could fill with treats of your choice - mine sadly is empty as my New Years Resolution is to shrink my own belly!  I have shared the measurements for making the (lefthand) box further on in this post.


Now, I have to jump right in and tell you that I used a new product from the Occasions Catalogue (starting on the same day as Sale-a-bration) to create this, I tried to keep my projects to exclusive Sale-a-bration products wherever I could, but the temptation to use the new Scalloped Edge Tag Topper Punch was too strong!  I have also used it to quickly and easily create the tag on my card.


Of course the envelope is custom-designed in Sahara Sand cardstock and lined with more Sweet Sorbet DSP, both using the Envelope Punch Board.


The card uses the Pop N Cuts card base, which I love to use for a bit of variety from the standard rectangle card bases.  Strips of the Sweet Sorbet DSP make a kind of "faux washi-tape" effect on the tag, and I created the Happy Birthday banners by using the Happy from one stamp and the Birthday from another stamp, both from the same SAB-exclusive stampset, See Ya Later.  Inside the card is yet another stamp from this set, with its adorable sentiment., and a repeat of the faux washi tape.


I also made an adorable fringed bookmark with the Sweet Sorbet twine, and embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, which debuts in the Sale-a-bration catalogue, but which promises to carry over into the 2014-15 Annual Catalogue (due July 2014).   This is also the stamp that I "stole" the Happy from on my card-front.  I couldn't embellish this one very much because it is intended to go inside a book, but I think the cute fringing makes up for any lack of embies on the front!


Next I started thinking of my daughters upcoming 5th birthday and decided that a Bon-bon was also in order.  This was also made with the Envelope Punch Board, and the tutorial comes from Monique Fielder.


As promised, here are the measurements for the treat box.  This is how it looks when it's open:


The new Tag Topper punches are 5cm (2") in width, so we are limited in the width of the box, but you could make them any depth and height that you like - mine is 3cm deep and 5cm tall.

The base piece is made from cardstock to keep it sturdier than if it was DSP, and measures 15 x 8cm.  Score the long edge at 5 and 10cm.  Score the short edge at 2.5 and 5.5cm.  Snip little triangles from each of the intersections, and fold it into a box shape as shown, securing with a couple of pieces of sticky strip to hold it together.

The topper is DSP and measures 5cm wide x 23cm tall.  Score the long edge at 5, 10, 13 and 18cm.   Punch a scalloped edge (or angled edge if you prefer) at each end.  Slide it on around your box and adhere the two pieces together. 

The second, smaller treat box came about by mistake when I accidentally cut the topper too short (it is about 3cm shorter, so 20cm instead of 23 at a guess) but I liked how the tops fit together like a little closure on this one, no ribbon required!

 
I hope you've enjoyed my projects, and the rest of the amazing entries in our ESAD Sale-a-bration Blog Hop.  Next on the Hop is Keryn Campbell, click on through to see what she has created for you.

What is ESAD?

ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  We love what we do & love to share with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors. We also share what we love in our ESAD Demonstrator community, through swaps, challenges, sharing knowledge, ideas & friendship, and we're always there to help and support each other.  So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to leave me a comment with your email address and I'll contact you with information on how to join our wonderful group.


Stay tuned to find out how to join the fun during Sale-a-bration, with more freebies coming for customers, demonstrators and hostesses.

Comments

  1. Love how you have used the sweet sorbet papers to make your boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tag topper box. It is beautiful. I might have to give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such awesomeness Emily! I can't pick a fave, but I especially love your treat boxes (great accident!) & the tag card. Lots to add to my case list. Inky hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic projects Emily! Thanks for the tutorial on the treat box....adding that to my "gotta make that" list! TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Emily, all of these projects are just gorgeous and love your photography of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this is your first SAB as a demo Emily - you are such a big part of the ESAD family - has it really been less than a year? You are so talented and these projects are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you've been busy! They are gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your selections of projects - I think we've all fallen in love with the DSP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your projects Emily their fabulous TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects Emily, such a great way to show off the SAB DSP, and that beautiful twine!
    Cheers
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgoeus projects Emily. Love that DSP and twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great projects Emily and love the colours you've used - this DSP is divine is it not? Happy Birthday to your daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are really lovely, Emily. Thanks for sharing. )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects Emily. Love them. Thanks for sharing the box measurements. There is never any mistakes in stamping. Just creative ways of finding new ideas. I love the smaller tag box just as much. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous projects Emily. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow there is a lot of work made there...fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment