Three Cards

Tonight I just wanted to share a couple of new cards with you.  

Like many (most?) card-makers, I struggle with the guy-cards, I have to really work hard to keep them clean and simple, stick to "dark" colours and not add any ribbon or bling!  So for Fathers Day this year I am sticking with a bold geometric card in a monochromatic colour scheme.   


These colours are Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar and Soft Suede; the stampset is the Six Sided Sampler with the co-ordinating Hexagon punch.  We will be making this card at Stamp Club in August, along with a matching Flip Book to pop some photos into.  I'm looking forward to creating a new flipbook, I considered making another of the albums that I made for the recent Blog Hop, but it is too time-consuming for a class so I have trawled Pinterest looking for ideas and have found something I think will work - I'll share the results with you once I have had a play!

For my next card, I go back to my regular style with a pop of colour and a bit of a collage with tags, butterflies and some frill.  This card uses all new products, the Chalk Talk stampet and co-ordinating Framelit dies, the background is created with the faux washi-tape stampset called Tape It, and the greeting is from Hello Lovely.


And last but not least, these fun butterfly cards were a gift for my Launch Party attendees to showcase the new 2013-15 In-Colours - aren't they gorgeous??  I created the ink splatters with some drops from the Coastal Cabana reinker applied directly to the brush of my large aqua painter, and flicked with my fingertip.  I actually do not recommend this method, my finger is dyed blue!  You can get the same effect from a spritzer with a lot less mess!  Stampsets are Happy Day and Papillion Potpourri, with 4 different punches and a new vintage button tied with some linen thread.


Stay tuned for more projects next week!

Comments